Monday, June 16, 2008

Value for Money

I noticed an advert put up by I-Gate, offering digital cameras at reduced price. I needed one now, so I quickly browse through Canon website to check out the specifications of the cameras advertised.

All 10 models shortlisted to 2, Ixus 80 IS and Powershot A580. Being in the different class, both of them are not comparable. I was thinking hard which one I should buy.

I've been eyeing this Canon IXUS 80 IS for some time.

The price tag, RM 999.00 with free gifts of SD card, camera pouch, a Canon umbrella etc. Considering 8.0 MP slim point-and-shoot, this price tag is quite affordable. This camera is so small that I can quickly slip it into my jeans pocket without feeling any bulge. (It's slimmer than Nokia 5300) Love it, but...

When Canon A580 comes into action, the price tag of RM699.00 after reduction will make you feel ; "Ahh this is a better buy. Similar capability, 8.0 MP with 4.0 x optical zoom"

The RM 699.00 price tag beats all other criterias

Finally, I heeded my father's advice and opt for Powershot A580. IXUS 80 IS will enter my wish-list, at least, until I enter working life in 6 months time. I put up this post, hoping Santa will notice my blog and grant my wish for this coming Christmas.

p/s : To Ah Pa, Happy Father's Day. And to my friend that has just become father, "Smile..it's your day!"

No comments: