Sunday, June 15, 2008

Penang + Sungai Petani

It was 6th June. Exam's done. FYP seminar's done. All done. I am ready to enjoy my long semester break which is 7 weeks long. This time, I would not return home immediately, instead I went off to Penang and Sungai Petani.

Beh was the wonderful driver for the day, except he shot up to 130km/hr nearby Taiping PLUS Highway. I dared not to sleep, trying hard to keep my eyes open until I saw Penang Bridge. Thanks to slow moving traffic at Penang Bridge, I was relieved!

After 22 years of living in Perak, finally I am in Penang. (I've been to all states in Malaysia, except Sarawak and Penang)


Beh and I went further up the hill at Kek Lok Si temple that we stumbled upon a "KAWASAN LARANGAN" signboard. According to the locals, the place is a water catchment dam. There is a small complex nearby, which I think is a small resort. I took a photo of myself there with the resort as backdrop.


Next destination is Prangin Mall where Shern Shiou, Wei Zhu and Joshua will be waiting for me and Beh there. A quick comparison of mall in Ipoh and Penang : Pretty girls are noticeable everywhere. They don't hide indoors compared to Ipoh girls.

We had dinner at hawker stall serving BKT. I had my first encounter ordering food in Hokkien, a dialect which I am only a master in its foul language. Luckily I have 3 Hokkien friends with me that recommends me "O Teh", a type of herbal tea what I initially thought is "Teh O'Ais".

After dinner, I jumped ship to Wei Zhu's car, heading to Sungai Petani. It will be my home for the next few days. Exactly, I settled down in OKKSP's house.

The next day, Shern Shiou and his family went to Penang for family function. I was left to Wei Zhu to "babysit" for the rest of the day, awaiting Shern Shiou to come back from Penang. A good babysitter is Wei Zhu that he brought me to snooker centre at Centre Square.


On my third day in Sungai Petani, Shern Shiou brought me to this "legendary" fried kuey teow place. An old granny fried the kuey teow the traditional way, with charcoal fire pit. It was terribly NICE!


Last visit is to Auto-City Penang near Juru. After 2 rounds of stroll around the area, we finally settle down at Ice Ice Baby. While waiting for Shi Jia and Joshua, we check out pretty girls walking pass.


Wei-Zhu look slightly "gay-ish" with the spoon stuck out from his mouth. Hey, his ice cream looks really delicious! And next..this is the so-called evidence that I have reached Auto-City.


The next morning after breakfast with Shern Shiou's family, I went back to UTP with Wei Zhu. I can lay myself down, feeling assured that he is a dependable driver!

1 comment:

kerbaurider said...

hurray for the babysitter =]