Friday, September 12, 2008

Why Is It Wrong To Believe That I Am Right?

WARNING : This is an emotionally-charged posting. Do not proceed if you are a racist.

***

President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America once said,
"...teaching morality doesn't mean imposing my moral values on others. It means sharing wisdom, giving reasons for believing as I do - and then trusting others to think and judge for themselves."
An incident of moral policing in UTP campus compound prompted me to blog about morality. Although my ramblings will be not as informatic as your Moral Studies textbook, I hope by putting this up, people will be aware of this.

I was merely putting up a new car sticker onto a friend's front windscreen when two (2) men on a bike approaches us and asked "Er..tengah buat apa nih?" (It means : What are you doing here")

My instantaneous answer is "Tak buat apa-apa pon. Tampal sticker kereta saja." (Meaning : I'm just putting up the new car sticker!)

"Jangan lama-lama sangat." (Meaning : Don't be here for too long)

The two men on the bike took another two round-turning at the parking lot before feeling contented to leave.

For your information, every vehicle in UTP will be provided with a sticker with a minimal fee of RM2.o0. We will be granted easy access provided we exhibit the sticker on our vehicle. We are now given a period of 2 weeks to renew our car sticker for the year July 2009.

Why is it wrong to believe that I am right? I believe that I am right for helping my friend putting up her car sticker. I believe I am right for doing it and I do no offense by abiding to UTP's rule and regulation on vehicle access. Why suspect me for close proximity? Why suspect me? By sitting inside the car at night, nothing supervenes. We are not going to do anything in it.

And am I wrong for close proximity at the first place? 

My dear Rakan Masjid friends, thank you for being so caring, but I am not bound to Syariah Laws. Please do not advance beyond the usual limit (READ : proper limit) of privacy. Please do not impose your moral values on me. Please do not paint a dirty perception that sitting inside the car at the car park at night will lead to sex. You will not suspect other people unless you yourself has a dirty and filthy mind.

My dear Rakan Masjid friends, we are living side-by-side and thus please respect each other. The car park is well lit and no one of sane mind would want to have their "heavenly time" there. I rather book a decent hotel outside.

Period.

***




3 comments:

kerbaurider said...

shen shud jz jump out and say : dia tak salah!

mymiminz said...

nape x kuar jari tengah je pek
haha
kat ktrg sng je ko kuarkan

MataBogel said...

haha..kena sound ngan Paranoid people is one thing la.being chinese and still kena? hah.so unlucky ;p