Sunday, July 6, 2008

1981

I found an old copy of CLEO magazine that back-date to 1981. It was in a box unopened since we move from the old house to the current one that I am staying now. The magazine itself is older than myself, yet it maintains the way it is though a little bit yellowish and dusty.


Together with the magazine, I found one copy of National Geographic magazine dated back to 1994, covering Ireland and Crimea as the pick of the month. Both the articles are really long that I only flip through pages with a lot of pictures. Together with the "loot" from the treasure chest; a diskette and a floppy disk which is not labelled.


This camera advertisement attracted my attention. FASHIONFLASH was launched in UK some where in 1981 and took the market by storm. It must be the big-boys' toy back then.


Decore? Heard the name before, but I couldn't find any of the product in hypermarket shelves.


Hahaha now I know how Kent cigarette packaging looks like back in 1981.


And how power-suits for OL looks like back then..


This is the new look of Cleo magazine in 2008 on its website.


How the world have changed since 1981..

4 comments:

Shern Shiou said...

i wonder who read the cleo back in 1981..

KEEFOO LEE said...

my auntie's magazine la..hahahahahaha tak kan la my dad buy cleo for my mom?

KEEFOO LEE said...

call me anything, but the female model inside the magazine don't wear bra. was bra unpopular back then?

Aishah AR said...

i'm about to ask the same question as shern shiou's..hehe..