Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Out of Boredom

My mom and dad "accused" me of setting up my own "make-shift toilet" behind the house 12 years ago, that my golden shower has actually caused the progressive corrosion of the steel drain cover today.


A charge that I strongly deny with a burst of laughter, and to be diplomatic, I taichi-ed the allegation to my younger brothers. While maintaining my innocence (I am really innocent), the deplorable state of the steel drain covers became an eyesore.

And it can be dangerous because mom is utilizing the backyard to cook, a few metres away. She might trip and fall.

Out of boredom, and due to availability of raw materials, I started a new "out-of-boredom-project". This is a long-due project since January 15th.

CODENAME : Projek Longkang - RC Slabs and OPC Patching


The outlet of toilet floortrap (FT) below is an example of my sub-standard patching work, BEFORE and AFTER.


While the next picture is the consequence of skipping Concrete Technology practical work during 2nd year of college.


However, the subsequent slabs casted improved aesthetically and structurally, thanks to the guidance of the senior Lee. His advice; poke the concrete so that the cementitious grout can flow and fill in between of the aggregates.

To "talk-cock", I am pretty confident the slabs can withstand the load of a 1-tonne lorry.

Oh should I tag this post "Engineering"?

5 comments:

RS. said...

haha this is cool :)

Edwin Si said...

good use of 'ECOCRETE'

kokokranc said...

oi concrete cover tak cukup! mau 40mm! lean con mau cuci! carik itu blower! esok mau concrete! consultant suda bising. tu la dia suh u bwk p makan cucur udang u xbwk. padan muka.

-sound seekor site manager kepada seekor site engineer yang tak brapa ada duit sbb ujung bulan-

KEEFOO LEE said...

1) oi itu pilecap kasi cuci..

2) itu pasir kasi sapu..

3) angkat "lanciaw" (vibrator poker) sini..esok mau konkrit..

3a) itu "lanciaw" 6 inci tarak cukup la..angkat besar mari..

4) itu rebar kasi kira satu-satu baru saya sign..

5) taiko..u ada curi besi ka?

6) boss...taufoo mana?

7) nanti konkrit itu jam, u orang kasi itu "lanciaw" dalam-dalam juga masuk. tepi-tepi pon mau jugak kasi hantam (kasi nangis kuat-kuat)

8) baya...(abang dalam bahasa bangladesh) hong kong jugak u boleh hantam kuat-kuat. ini barang u x boleh angkat


BERIKUT ADALAH SKRIP UNTUK MENEKAN BANGLA BEKERJA

Farhan Iqbal said...

hahahaha...
sual la...
aku dah gelak gile da dengar konye komen...

mmg cara doh...
rindu2...