Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sightings at Ipoh-Lumut Highway

An unprecedented sighting. An old woman at Simpang Lima intersection, Ipoh-Lumut Highway. She is not the ordinary auntie you can see at markets. Sorry to say, I think she is retarded. But what is so interesting about her?

She walked for approximately 8 km from Simpang Lima to Federal Route 5 old road, leading to Sitiawan town. And that is really far for a woman of her age. I think she is 50 plus of Chinese ethnicity.

Map : The auntie's 8km long walk route

Photo : The auntie at Federal Route 5

Whenever I see neglected old people, I feel very sad for them. I wish I could change the world to be a better place. I can't find good words to construct a sentence now because I feel utterly disgusted by the way certain youngsters treat their parents. Is this how they repay parent's love?

Maybe Jack Neo should produce more films like "Money Not Enough". I remain sanguine that movies can play an effective role in edutainment.


No comments: